Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Reflex: Mobile and Me

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pr.....oblably should check my mobile once more before I go to bed. I just need to be sure that nothing is outstanding in my inbox and to see what time that meeting starts tomorrow. Sound familiar anyone?

I am beginning to notice that the way I use my mobile has become somewhat of a reflex. Checking my mobile is the first thing I do when I wake up and the last thing I do before I go to bed.
My mobile has become a part of daily routine. I am not sure at what point this happened and I am not sure what effect it has but I do know that I can't leave the house without it and I am sure that I am not the only one. We have nearly reached a world population of 6.8 billion people and of those ,5 billion are mobile phone owners.
I have been spending the last few months researching the mobile proliferation in both the enterprise and consumer space and the stats are amazing. For example, Forrester predicts that 73% of the enterprise workforce will be mobile users by 2012. " As the mobile platform evolves, it's going to become a more important terminal to the corporate network than the traditional laptop, said Kumu Puri, senior executive at Accenture's consumer technology practice. Full post can be found here http://pcworld.about.com/od/officehardware/Tech-Generation-Gap-Laptop-or.htm.
This is a link to a great video created by the CBC as part of a documentary they did on the mobile revolution in 2009.

I plan to stick to the theme of mobility over the next few posts to share some of the trends I am hearing about and I hope to include a few guest bloggers as well, so stay tuned and I look forward to the conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment